Sensus seeks a .NET developer with strong object-oriented skills to contribute to the fur-ther development of a range of web-based services in the edutech space. These include the award-winning RoboBraille service, SensusAccess, plug-ins to many learning-management systems including Canvas and Moodle, and several digital libraries for people with print impairments. The position offers great opportunities to work with non-trivial development challenges.
We are looking to recruit a developer to our development team to contribute to the further development of a range of edutech solutions used by leading academic institutions throughout the world to support students and faculty with print disabilities. The solutions include the award-winning RoboBraille service, SensusAccess and plug-ins to Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard Learn, D2L, Sakai and others. Sensus also develops and operates several digital libraries for people with visual and reading impairments.
The position is full-time and is open to be filled as soon as possible. The position is based in Hillerød with the option of working from home.
We assume that you hold a bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar, and have the following skills:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with SOLID principles and Software Design Patterns
- Proficient with .NET (C# and VB.NET), ASP.NET Web form, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework
- Experience with thread handling in .NET (TPL and async/await)
- Experience with SQL Server and My SQL
- Experience with Angular JS, JQuery, Bootstrap, CSS
- Experience of writing clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Experience with queuing systems such as RabbitMQ
- Hands-on experience with REST, SOAP, XML and Web Services development
- Knowledge of mobile development with Objective-C will be a plus
- Knowledge of cloud platforms Amazon and Azure will be a plus
It will be beneficial if you are familiar with digital accessibility guidelines and standards. As most of our activities are international, you must be fluent in English. Because we are a small team, you must be flexible with regards to job tasks and be able to work independently. Some travel should be anticipated, and you must be in possession of a valid Danish work permit.
To apply for the position, please submit your application along with your CV and copies of exam papers to Lars Ballieu Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to write to Lars if you have questions regarding the position. Headhunters and recruitment agencies need not respond.
We encourage people of all genders, ages, religions and nationalities to apply.
Sensus is a highly specialised consultancy organisation operating in the area of edutech, digital accessibility and inclusion technology. Founded in 1987, our mission is to promote and facilitate inclusion based on the principles of universal design. Sensus advises on digital accessibility and is a service provider to academic institutions and libraries across the world. Our offices are based in Hillerød close to public transportation.